I saw my oncologist yesterday and got another round of Herceptin. Apparently, I'm half-way through the Herceptin treatments. That means about another 6 months. Ugh. I was hoping I was closer to the end, but oh well.
Dr. Kellogg is supposed to be arranging a biopsy of a lump I've had ever since my mastectomy. This clump of fat (which is what my plastic surgeon said it was) has been on the left breast since about 2 days after I had the surgery. The plastic surgeon said it would soften over time, but it has not. It hasn't changed either....size, shape, location are all the same. When I have the rest of my reconstructive surgery, the surgeon is going to remove it for me because I hate having it there. It reminds me of the tumor I had. So I'll be able to say "audios" to it soon.
Anyway, Dr. Kellogg doesn't think it's anything to worry about, and he measures it every time I go in to see him. So he knows it has been there, but he's just taking every precaution and I am OK with that! I'm honestly not worried about it, but I'm sure some people will be getting nervous when they read this. So that procedure will be done soon. I don't have a date/time yet.
In a few weeks I will also be due for another Muga Scan to check the function of my heart. This scan has always come back "normal" for me, so, once again, I am not worried.
On another note...
Last week, a good friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer. She's only 37 and has a husband and 3 kids. My stomach dropped when I heard the news, and I immediately wanted to call her. I feel so determined to do whatever I can to help her. We've been able to talk several times and I am SOOO glad she feels comfortable enough to ask me questions and get my advice. Even though our situations are a bit different, I am so happy to be able to give her some comfort during such a difficult time. She is an amazing person and has such a great attitude about all of this! Our ward and our circle of friends will pull together to do whatever we can to help.

0 comments:
Post a Comment