Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to Work!

Tomorrow morning is my big day back to work! I haven't worked as a nurse since about the month before Jake was born. So it's been over 2 years and I am ready.
I will be doing pediatric home care again and have been impressed so far with this new nursing agency I signed on with. They set up a time for me to go to the patient's house and meet with her and her mom....just to make sure we're all comfortable with the situation and to make sure this case is something I want to do. Well, the mom is a really bubbly lady and we instantly hit it off! And the little girl just makes my heart melt....she's soooo sweet. Legally, I'm not allowed to get into specifics, but let's just say this little angel has some pretty severe disabilities. I am looking forward to spending time with her and to be a part of her care team. It's comforting to already know the parent, patient, and my work environment. I've been sent to homes in years past that I had no prior knowledge of anything! It was so scarey, especially when I show up at a home where no one speaks English!! I don't speak a lick of Spanish, so that is never a good situation to be in....especially when I am responsible for someone's life and can't communicate with them or their families.
The boys will be in good hands while I'm at work 2 days a week. Our babysitter is an older lady who goes to our church. The boys really like her and I think it will all work out well.
Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Luck!!!! :)

Owen said...

Luck!

Kayla, Eric and Addison said...

Good Luck!

Me said...

That is Wonderful!! I'm soo happy for you to get back to what you love! You are such a great example of giving!