Friday, March 27, 2009

The Saga That Never Ends

Before I get into the nitty gritty, I need to report on my latest Muga Scan (heart) that I had done last week. The results are in the normal range, so that is good. However, when they checked my vitals this morning before getting my Herceptin, my pulse was 48!! I don't know what was going on, but I think that is strange. My pulse usually runs between 60-70's. Crazy.
Now....on to the saga. I went in to see my plastic surgeon tonight. A couple of days ago, I noticed a new area on my left boob that had been oozing and was starting to open up. I told her how painful it is, but she proceeded to poke around and cut some of the bad tissue out regardless. And then.... she started SQUEEZING that new open sore! Just like she was trying to pop a zit and OH. MY. GOSH. It hurt so bad. I just closed my eyes and kept trying to take deep breaths. I didn't dare look, but I HEARD some fluid gush out. I'm not even kidding. That's when the dr. proceeded to say that it was infected....after she dropped the "f" bomb! The implant has to come out and a new one won't be put in for at least 6 months. So, I am scheduled for surgery on Monday the 30th, unless this infection gets worse and she'll do an emergency surgery this weekend. I've got an antibiotic Rx to take in the meantime and the dr. has instructed me to take it easy this weekend.
Curt's parents are driving up to Utah in the morning and will be gone for a week, so they offered to take Jake with them. As much as I hate to send my baby, I know it will be easier for me to recover if I don't have to lift him. The older boys are self sufficient, so they won't be a problem.
I am a bit relieved that the next 6 months or so will allow me lots of time to heal. I'm not at all excited about having this surgery done, but I am SO looking forward to getting this stupid infection cleared up and for the pain to subside. I have confidence in my dr. and know that I am in good hands.

5 comments:

Owen said...

OH.MY.GOSH. Seriously shild, someone needs to cut you a break. I cannot even begin to imagine how it would feel to have someone squeezing my boob like a zit!! Holy shamole! I am here for you whatever you need. PS....the "F-bomb"? AHAHAHA!

Owen said...

That was supposed to be to be seriously CHILD, not "shild"

Stephanie said...

OUCH! So sorry to hear you're going to have to go through one more operation, but it sounds like it's been painful for quite awhile now. Hopefully you can get some relief once it's taken out. You have been such a trooper through all of this!

Kevin said...

Good grief! That's no good. Hearing fluid coming out of your own body is never a good thing I guess. Yikes. I hope everything turns out as well as it can.

Hang in there!

Melissa and Trevor said...

send your boys over to my house when you need a rest...please call me.