I am one HAPPY girl!
This week, I saw both my plastic surgeon and my oncologist. I am happy to report that the surgeon doesn't need to see me for 5 MONTHS (I am finally all healed!! No more open wounds!). My oncologist said things look good and to follow up with blood work and a check-up in 4 MONTHS! That will also be when I get my next breast MRI. I asked him if I could just skip that last dose of Herceptin and he said it most likely wouldn't make a difference....so I AM DONE! I got my port flushed and will now be able to get my port taken out. I just need to call my general surgeon and get that set up. It feels so good to know that I really am done! It has been 1 year, 5 months, and 11 days since my diagnosis. It was hard to see that light at the end of the tunnel when I was going through surgeries, chemo, radiation, etc....but I knew that I would eventually get there. This is a great place to be and I just hope and pray that I can stay healthy for years to come :)

5 comments:
Congratulations!!! You have been so awesome through this whole thing. I really admire your strength.
Charlene- I am so happy for you! You have overcome so much and deserve only the best health from here on out!
WOOT WOOT!! That's awesome news. I'm very happy for you. ;)
That is FANTASTIC news!!!!!
hip hip horray!
Post a Comment