Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tamoxifen/Pet Scan/AZ

The kids and I drove down to AZ in June for a visit. I had set up an appt to see my oncologist while I was there. My appt went really well and Dr. Obenchain talked with me about Tamoxifen. I was so relieved to hear her opinion/advice on me not taking it anymore. She wasn't alarmed or anything and just expressed how important it is for me to feel good and to be able to enjoy life. She said my main treatment for my cancer was my mastectomy. Everything after that is just an added "insurance policy" and isn't required. I felt good about my decision before, but after talking with Dr. Obenchain, I felt even better! She explained some other options and said, if I was interested, we could discuss it further down the road. I am content right now and may, or may not, try something different in the future.
She also went ahead and set up a time for me to have a pet scan done while I was back. The results were negative.....meaning NO sign of cancer anywhere!!
I'm also happy to report that I will be able to continue having Dr. Obenchain as my doctor because our family is moving back to AZ in two weeks!!! We are so happy to be going back and are looking forward to our new adventure with Curt's new job.

1 comments:

Kevin said...

Glad to hear you guys get to move back. Are you going to be in the same area as before?