Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Oncologist Check-Up

I met with my oncologist a couple of weeks ago for my 6 month check-up. After examining me, she said everything looked and felt good. She didn't feel any need to do any bloodwork for another 6 months. Now I'm just waiting to get my new insurance info in the mail so I can get my PET scan done. I am so grateful for another clean bill of health! I will update with my scan results as soon as I can...
The fear in my boys, mainly Luke, never goes away. When I was getting ready to go to my appointment, Luke saw me straightening my hair and asked..."What are you doing that for?"... "Where are you going?"
I told him I had a dr's appointment and that it was just a check-up, but I saw the instant worry and fear in his eyes. I kept reassuring him that I am fine, that the cancer is still gone, and that my dr just likes me to have a check-up every 6 months. I'm not sure how convinced he was.
It makes me sad, but this is just a small taste of the effects that cancer continues to have on our family. The worry never fully goes away, but I don't allow fear to take over my life. I am excited for 2011 and anticipate a year full of adventures, good health, and many new memories made with my family!

0 comments: