Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A New Chapter






Before I was even diagnosed with cancer, I had problems with infertility. When I was trying to get pregnant, in order for ovulation to happen for me, I had to take Clomid...and later was switched to Femara. Getting pregnant with our 3 boys was always very calculated and I had to keep track of everything! It really took the fun out of it all, but I was going to do whatever I could to be able to have children. I did not have the struggles that so many other women do with infertility though. It makes me sad that some are faced with that specific trial in life. Becoming a mother was my dream ever since I was a little girl.



After Jake was born, we had fully intended on having at least one more baby. But when I was diagnosed with cancer when he was just 14 months old, my thoughts of having any more children were forced to come to a halt. Not knowing how chemo would affect my body and if the doctors would discourage a possible pregnancy in the future....I had to let it go and focus on the 3 little boys that we were blessed with.





As both my oncologist and OB/GYN have said and can attest to, mine is a rare case in which chemo actually regulated my cycle, instead of pushing me into early menopause! And here I sit today, 15 weeks pregnant with our 4th baby...a total SURPRISE and MIRACLE!!! With all of the cards stacked up against me, how could anyone not say that this baby was meant to be a part of our family and a pure gift from God?





Both my oncologist and my OB/GYN are very encouraging and excited! Curt and I had spoken with them each last year about their opinion on a possible pregnancy in the future. They both reacted positively and gave encouraging advice. Last week I had my 6 month check up with my oncologist and she gave me a big hug after I showed her my ultrasound pictures :)





It is amazing and I still am in awe. The boys are extremely excited, especially Luke! We will be finding out in about 3 weeks or so what the sex is and I CAN'T wait! My due date is 12/22/11 and I am already dreaming about that day and what our sweet little baby will look like :) SO grateful!







P.S. I am planning on ending this blog. I no longer feel the need to update since I am doing well and have made it through this long journey, but not without the help and prayers from so many :)

3 comments:

lacey said...

congratulations you guys! How exciting, this brought me to tears! I think of your family often. We will be having babies together. Our #4 is due the first part of January.

Kathy said...

Congratulations!!! Such great news!!! If you do quit your blog, are you going to start a different one??!?!?

Shari said...

I don't come to this blog very often anymore, I guess because I see you in person, (and I just forget to check blogs!) I'm so happy for you guys with adorable little Chase. What a great way to end that portion of your life and begin a totally new one. That baby is just one more miracle that we've had a chance to see as we've watched you go through all of this. You have been an amazing example and I am so grateful to know you. I'm going to miss you all when you move, but I'm glad for all the ways that we have to stay in communication. Take care of yourself, dear Charlene, and thank you for all that you have done for me!