Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Date Night at the Hospital

In a nutshell... I woke up Thursday morning with a fever and body aches. We are suppose to notify the dr. immediately if my temperature is at or above 100.4...so we called her. I ended up in the ER...the fever kept creeping up...my white blood cell count was near non-exsistent...so they admitted me. X-rays, blood cultures, and other tests came back normal so they've determined that what I have is viral.

My immune system is basically wiped out from the chemo, so my body has no ability to fight anything off. The dr's continue to give me IV antibiotics and I am hoping that my WBC's come up enough so they can send me home. It was sort of a blow to me Thursday morning. I wasn't expecting to land in the hospital so early in the game and I will do whatever I have to do in order to avoid all of this again. If I have to wear a mask 24/7...I will.

And, once again, Marla has come to our rescue! The boys have been staying at Grandma and Grandpa's house for the past two days and I am relieved that I don't need to worry about them. Curt has been staying with me at the hospital. His only complaint...he doesn't want to have to watch the Super Bowl on the "tiny" hospital tv! I don't blame him.

0 comments: