As I mentioned in an earlier post, the clumps of hair were starting to come out a lot. So on Monday, February 11th, I told Curt that tonight was the night.
As I thought more about cutting my hair, I realized how important it would be for me to not only have my hubby, little boys, and niece Ashlie there with me, but to have some of my best girlfriends there, too. It was tough to narrow it down because I feel like I have so many friends out here, but these 5 girls are who I've been relying on alot for laughs, moral support, play dates, etc. We ALWAYS have a great time when we're together and they keep me laughing SO HARD! Now this isn't to downplay or ignore the fact that I do have some of my best friends who weren't able to participate because of the states in between us, but I do wish they could have been with me, too.
I called Curt later that morning to see if it would be ok with him...to invite my friends. He, of course, said it was up to me. So even though it was Family Home Evening that night, all 5 of my girls showed up for moral support... and some good laughs, as always!
One of the highlights of the evening, was Candice and Erica showing up with their "bald" heads! I still crack up when I think about that! They wanted to show their support and I'm glad they know me well enough to know that I wouldn't take offense to something like that! You guys ROCK! It was such a fun night that totally turned into a party! I only wished I had prepared appetizers and some Dr. Pepper.
It was good for my boys to watch and help in this. Luke was the one who was having the hardest time, I think. He kept getting right in my face...nose to nose...to make sure I was doing ok. I kept telling him "I'm ok. I promise. It will grow back when I'm all done with my medicine." By the look on his face in one of the photos, you can tell he wasn't totally convinced. He was so sweet though and got out the broom and dust pan to help clean up. I love that kid!!
I was so grateful to have my family and some of my closest friends there with me during what could have been a very traumatic time for me. It was/is strange to stare at my bald head in the mirror, but I'm ok with it. No tears have been shed, yet. And I'm not in denial...I just don't think I need to waste my engery crying or being sad about being hairless. I always try to remind myself that things could be much worse, and that I had better count my blessings.
So...a big THANK YOU goes out to my sweet hubby Curt, my handsome little momma's boys Luke, Ty, and Jake, my niece Ashlie (who I know had a difficult time watching...remembering her mom going through this same thing only a few years ago.), and to my 5 girls: Monda, Candice, Erica, Trisha, and Melissa. I LOVE YOU ALL more than you know.
Friday, February 15, 2008
AT LAST...MY BUZZ PARTY!
Posted by Charlene at 9:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Very well done! You are so beautiful you don't need hair...I can't say the same for Erica and I-AHAHAHAHAHA! I love you and Lola!!!! Can I call you Charlola when you are wearing her? :)
Charlola?! I LOVE it!! This post made me cry a little and CACKLE alot!! You are the sweetest thing! We are so proud of you and so glad we are able to laugh and joke around even about cancer! Your hilarious take on all of this is truly an inspiration! Not many women would be so brave. No need to waster tears on being bald since you are such a hottie without hair too! Love ya Charlola!
okay Charlene you have the most perfect shaped head.....you are so cute! Only you could pull off being bald and still look adorable. Love the wig too! Charlola is HOT! :)
Move over Sinead! You can definitely pull off the no hair thing! I wish I could have attended. Are the "little hairs" bugging you? I remember having to wash Matt's pillowcase every day because all the little hairs would fall out & poke him and it drove him crazy!
I think you are the only women who could pull of a bald head. You look great with or without hair. Thanks for making me smile because you are such a trooper.
That is AWESOME! You do have a great head for being bald! I say, leave Lola off when you can...you are so cute!
Always beautiful!!!!
I only knew about the boys blog, I am glad I got that email with this link
Hey Sweetie!
Shawna was home from college so he helped me to save the blog... duh... Hope you're starting to feel better after this round. Love you bunches!! Hugs from your Washington State Fan Club!
Auntie Cootie & Fam..
Post a Comment