(Remember the jingle from the Chili's commercials? Baby back ribs?) Anyone?
Anyhoo, I had a nice weekend with my boys, minus the littlest amigo. Grandma and Grandpa were going to the cabin on Friday so that Rich could work on the addition some more. Marla offered to take Jake with them, and at first I declined. I'm not a huge fan of being away from my boys, especially my baby. BUT, then Curt decided to take the two older boys and the neighbor boy camping on that same day. And then I started thinking.
Hmmmm....if I cut the cord and allowed Jakey to go to the cabin, and the other boys would be camping with Curt...that means...I COULD HAVE THE HOUSE ALL TO MYSELF FRIDAY...and part of Saturday!!!!
So, long story short, kids and dad had a fun time camping, Jake was/is being spoiled by Grandma, and I had a nice QUIET evening to myself!! I mostly cleaned, but I loved that it was STILL clean whenI woke up on Saturday morning.
Curt, Luke, Ty, and I went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse on Saturday night. Although we (I) have missed Jake, we were reminded of how much easier things are with the kids being older now. It made us both think that maybe we are content with Jake being our last baby, after all.
Jake will be coming back home today some time, and even though life was way more laid back and quiet while he was gone, I am SOOOOO ready for him to be home again!! I missed him so much. Our family just isn't the same without Jake.
Monday, April 28, 2008
I Want My Baby Back, Baby Back...
Posted by Charlene at 12:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am basically a blog stalker. I'm not scary though...promise!
My husband, Travis Foster, went to school with your husband. We are good friends with Mary Corpuz and that's how I ran across your blog.
I think you are an amazing woman and you have inspired me in many ways. Thank you and good luck with everything.
Katie, Travis and Audrey Foster
www.rebeccalaw.typepad.com
I totally agree! When we are minus one kid (any of them) it is totally different! As the kiddos get older it does seem to become nicer as they start to take care of themselves and try....and I do mean TRY to control themselves! Glad you had a nice weekend!
Post a Comment