Monday, April 7, 2008

My Peeps


I know I brag a lot about what awesome friends I have! One of the most important things for me since my diagnosis in December has been LAUGHTER. I can always count on my peeps for some good laughs and it has been a crucial part of my journey.
Friday night, Monda called me to see if she could stop by. When I answered the door, there she and Erica stood.....with a wheelchair!! They told me to get my running shoes on because we were going on a walk! (Erica, Monda, and some other girls from my ward have been walking a couple of miles at night. I have been looking forward to being able to go with them...but figured I would have to wait until after I'm done with chemo in a month or so because I have zero energy right now.)
So I hopped into the chair and off we went! I was still smiling when I arrived back home. I felt silly being pushed around the neighborhood in a wheelchair, but I also felt so loved by friends. They made my night...for sure.
They were SO funny and SO sweet because they didn't want me to miss out on any girl time anymore!! Do I have amazing friends or what?

7 comments:

Donna said...

okay I already posted this on Erica's blog but I have to comment on yours too.....I think the only thing missing on your new set of wheelchair wheels are some custom made mud flaps with yosemitie sam and the words "nasty girl" on them what do you think?? i'd be happy to look into it...:):):) you look so cute....how great that you can get out and about with some of your "crazy" friends...talk to ya soon....prayin' for you as always!

Pocketful of Posh Boutique said...

Yeah those friends of yours are pretty awesome. We really love having you with us and had to find a way to do it.

Candice said...

I am so jealous!!!!! All that conversation in the comfort of a wheelchair! Man, that is the way to roll (no pun intended...ok, yes, it was intended-hehehe).

Owen said...

I agree you have the best friends EVA! We went out tonight and we missed you a TON! I am using you to burn extra calories sista!

PS. The mud flaps are a must have item for your new wheels!

Kim said...

Ahhh you DO have some amazing friends!!! That is an awesome story!!!

jana said...

I love the idea. I posted on Erica's and I'll say it here too. I need to get out to excercise too. What do you say I bring my own wheelchair and we could tie them together? I'll hold the drinks!

Glad you can get out. Good friends are irreplaceable.

Donna said...

okay Charlene so......I thought it was Yosemitie Sam on your camaro mud flaps.....but you get the picture anyway right??!! the mud flaps did say "nasty" on them so at least I got that right....I could never forget that part..:):)