Erica and Candice showed up with a "Birthday Girl" tiara and sash for me to wear! Coming from those two, I wasn't surprised one bit!
My Wii and Guitar Hero from Curt, the boys, and my in-laws!
Me and my peeps...Trisha, me, Monda, Erica, Ashlie, Candice, Donna and Melissa
Monda and Ashlie
Erica and TrishaAfter donning my crown and sash, I opened my gifts from Curt and the boys, and my in-laws! I'm already sore from the Wii...boxing will do that to you! We are all excited that my birthday came at the perfect time because we ALL wanted a Wii! It's been fun playing it with the family.
As soon as everyone arrived, we were off to dinner at BJ's (one of my favorite places). I am proud (and a bit embarassed) to say that I wore that crown AND sash to the restaurant, during our meal, and walked out of the restaurant to the car STILL wearing it! Am I a good sport, or what?! It was funny to watch everyone stare (and, again, a bit embarassing!), but I figured WHO CARES! You only turn 30 once! One old lady even told me "Congratulations" as I was walking by! FUN-NY! There was also a birthday party sitting at the table behind us...with an 8 or 9 year-old little girl wearing a birthday crown, too! We were cracking up.
After dinner, and some presents, we decided to go to the dollar theater to see Juno. I was one of the few who hadn't seen it yet, and I am glad I did! SUCH a good flick! My favorite part of the night was definitely watching my new DVD in Erica's car and hearing all of us (well...MOST of us) belting out the tunes to "Wake me up before you Go-Go" and "Faith"!! Turns out, I'm not the only closet George Michael fan!!!
I cannot imagine going throughout life without such an awesome group of friends! Thanks, ladies, for the FABULOUS night of fun! You all are AMAZING and I love you all and am so appreciative for all that you do for me. And THANK YOU, Candice, for making the trip down here for the weekend. I can't wait for your next trip!!
Here's to the Dirty Thirties!!
Cheers!


7 comments:
Friday was such a BLAST! Good people, good food, good laughs...I haven't had that much fun in quite a long time! Thanks for giving us a reason to get together. I wish we could do it more often. All of you girls are such a hoot.
Good for all of you! Charlene you look AWESOME! Keep it up girls!
I had such a great time Friday. I love hanging with the girls, I find myself laughing harder than I thought possible.
That sounds like the perfect way to bring in the "dirty thirties" You looked adorable - as usual. Those girls are the funnest too. Happy Birthday Charlene!
Happy Birthday Char! Sounds like a great time!!! I might not mind my 30's if my friends treat me like yours did!
Happy day to you my friend. Good times...good times. You look as fabulous as you felt that night fo' sho'!
Love your guts!
that really was a BLAST! Personally I think you and I had the most "vocal skills" of the group..don't you agree??:):) Hope your doin' good...talk to ya soon!
Post a Comment