Thursday, May 29, 2008

HIGH LIGHTS...and low lights

Today was my LAST day of chemo! My nurse Cynthia didn't want in the picture, but this is her gloved hand flushing my port. Tomorrow will be my LAST Neulasta shot, too! Hooray!

Curt and I dropped off the boys at Grandma's house on the way to chemo. They are staying the night with her tonight. After chemo, Curt wanted to take me out to dinner for a NO MORE CHEMO celebration...so we went to Olive Garden since I had a gift card from Mother's Day. Good food. Good laughs!

One of my best buds in the whole world! Kelly, her husband Tyson, and their 2 kiddos came to visit AZ for the long weekend. We had such a great time...now we just need to talk them into moving back to AZ!!

Some of my oldest peeps...Don, Kel, me, and Bryan. Kelly and I were room mates when I lived in AZ before I was married. Bryan and Don were our home teachers and have been our source of entertainment for many years! These peeps of mine have known me for about 10 years. (I don't mean they are necessarily "old" in age, ya know!)

Luke was nervous that he would forget I was sleeping in the office...since I had Kel and her family sleep in my master bedroom. So Luke made this little note to remind himself, in case he needed me during the night. I taped it on his door knob for him. Funny kid!

Luke feeding...
And Jake CHASING the birds at Tempe Town Lake!


The kids had fun playing baseball and Frisbee at the park, too.
Until this happened...and our trip was cut short. Kelly went with me to take Ty to the Urgent Care after he tripped while running lightening speed and bashed his mouth on the bench of the picnic table. 4 stitches later...we were sent on our way! Ty got to choose a treat and made sure to pick something for Luke, too. Ty was SOOO brave during the whole episode. I was so proud of him. Mom got a little woozy and sad watching them stick needles in my baby's mouth. But I made it through! (Did I mention that Curt was out of town during all of this???)

Luke, Simon, Ty and Helene watching Micky Mouse Clubhouse. Too busy to indulge me with a cute photo opp! They all played really well together and the house was unbelievably QUIET for having 5 kids ages 6 and under running around!


Good times watching Tyson ROCK OUT to Guitar Hero! Kelly was pretty good, too!
And lastly, my guitar cake that I made for Abbi's 7th birthday! Word on the street is that...it was a HIT!!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

hooray! you're done!! what a great feeling. poor ty! that lip looks awful!

Pocketful of Posh Boutique said...

I'm so glad your done with Chemo. Now on to kicking some radiation butt. You are one tough cookie.

Donna said...

WOO-HOO, YIPPEE, HOORAY, YAHOO, RIGHT ON, AWESOME, I think that pretty much covers it...no more CHEMO! I'm so so happy for you, your so strong....this cancer didn't know who it was messing with! Love ya TONS!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! Tell us about radiation...when in starts, what the side effects will be, how long you have to do it, etc. We are SO proud of you, Charlene! You ROCK!

Trisha said...

We are SO happy that you are now done with chemo!!! Awesome cake too!

Owen said...

I'm sure at some point you've done the "happy dance" over the idea of no more chemo right?! I have done a combo of the running man/robot...that should cover it for the both of us!!

Kim said...

Yay! Your done!!!! I'm so happy for you! You are amazing!

Oh and.....OUCH Ty's lip.... woozers!