It seems like lately I've only been blogging once a week, since there really isn't any earth shattering news going on. I guess that's a good thing! No news is good news, right?
My wild and crazy boys keep me busy all. day. long. From pulling Jake off of the table for the 50th time to playing referee for Luke and Ty before they hurt each other! Good times.
I had another Herceptin treatment today and also got things ready for radiation to start. They had me lay on this pillow thing, with my left arm up above my head. Then this machine sucked the air out of the pillow and it sort of molded around me...making a form. They then put some stickers around my left breast and did a CT scan. All of this was done so they know exactly where to place everything when radiation starts. My first radiation treatment will be on June 25th at 10:40am. I'm anxious to get started... basically so that I can get it done and put one more thing behind me.
I heard some very sad news today that has really caused me to do a lot of thinking. In talking with my good friend Trisha this morning...one of her good friends just lost her 1 year old baby boy this week to a tragic accident. Although I don't personally know this family, my heart has been so heavy today. I cannot even imagine what they must be going through. Yes, I have had my share of trials and heart aches, but I have never lost a child. Nothing can be compared to that. I have tried to enjoy my kids a little more today...laugh with them more...take in their sweet smiles...and hold them while I still can. Because you just never know.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
My Weekly Post...
Posted by Charlene at 10:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That's terrible. Seems to put things in perspective. No matter how bad things get, they can always get worse.
You look amazing in your pictures. We need to have a girls night and get out and laugh.
Post a Comment