Our yard sale was a HUGE success this past Saturday...thanks to everyone who pitched in to help! We had several truckloads/trailers-full of stuff unloaded in our front yard on Friday evening. I was in awe at all the stuff people had donated to us. We had several friends help us separate/organize things that night. Curt ended up staying out front all night long because we didn't want anyone stealing our stuff. He sat there ready to pummell anyone who thought they could get the 5-finger discount. No one tried anything, but I think Curt did scare our neighbor when he decided to walk by at 3am. I had a hard time sleeping that night, too. I was not too keen on Curt staying out there all night, plus, I was just too wired to sleep. My mind was racing, as usual.
We ended up having an ice cream cart (donated to us by some people at our church) to sell ice cream cones, a lemonade stand (thanks to Emily and Abbi), yummy baked goods (cinnamon rolls to DIE FOR!), and plenty of bottled water and soda to help cool people down. It was a sweaty and exhausting day, but we are so grateful to everyone for all of their help. We could not have done it without all of them.
We were able to make some good money AND we also sold our little Toyota at the sale, too!! A nice little chunk of change to help pay off some stuff...and we are so happy about that!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
The Gi-Normous Yard Sale
Posted by Charlene at 8:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
That's so awesome. I'm glad you had such a great turn out!
so happy that it was a success! wish we could have been there.
I'm so bummed that we were out of town or else we would have helped out. Good luck with your radiation.
Post a Comment