Last week
marked the 4 year anniversary of my sister Carrie's death.
Not a day goes by that I don't think of Carrie.
Some thoughts of mine have been...
...how much I miss her and wished she were still alive...
...how proud she must be of Ashlie...
...how much I miss seeing her smile and laugh at my boys...
...how much I miss her little packages filled
with books, candy (for me too), and toys she'd send to the boys...
...how much I miss talking to her on the phone during the day
when my house is quiet...
...I miss her laugh...
...I love to hear Ashlie laugh because she sounds just like her mom...
...I'm happy she is no longer in pain and suffering...
...I hate that my boys don't remember her...
...every time I see pansies, I think of Carrie. She loved them...
...I really miss my big sister and I look forward to the day
when we can be together again...
She had fixed my hair, like she always did.

Carrie holding Ty


Carrie and Ty on his blessing day
Carrie, Ty, and Luke

Carrie holding Ty


Carrie and Ty on his blessing day
Carrie, Ty, and LukeJust 2 months before she died.
I am extremely grateful for the Gospel in my life and to know that my family will be together for eternity. We will all be reunited again and that knowledge is what keeps me going every day.
I am extremely grateful for the Gospel in my life and to know that my family will be together for eternity. We will all be reunited again and that knowledge is what keeps me going every day.



4 comments:
I miss her too!! What a sweet post. Thanks
You look just like her in some of those pictures!
She was amazing! I am so glad I was able to see her and spend some time with her before she passed away. I will never forget the good memories from my short time in Nauvoo. She will forever be missed...
What a beautiful post. I can't imagine what a great loss you endured.
Post a Comment