Wednesday, November 5, 2008

History in the Making

Although I think it is very cool to have the first black man elected as president, I am extremely disappointed that Obama has been elected as that man. I'm sure many black people feel empowered and have a renewed sense of hope...and I'm happy for them. I am ashamed that the people in our nation treated the blacks so terribly years ago (some still do to this day). Although, with so many red flags in Obama's past (partial-birth abortions, links with terrorists...not to mention his inexperience...just to name a few), I think most Obama voters ignored those facts because they either wanted to make history or to see a change in the government. It sickens me to think what could become of our nation, but just as I told Luke this morning, we still need to respect Obama. Luke voted in school yesterday and was bummed this morning when he found out McCain didn't win. But I explained to him how amazing it is to have a black president because of the way blacks were discriminated against in the past. He got sad when I told him how they had been treated. He knows that we don't treat people different...no matter what they look like or what color their skin is.
This is my first time voting for a president who hasn't won. It doesn't feel very good, but what can you do? I think Obama will change a lot of things which is what he has promoted with his campaign. But will things change for the better???
We will just have to wait and see.
BUT...I am ELATED that our Prop 102 got passed! That is definitely a victory.

4 comments:

Alayna said...

And how...

Alayna said...

In case you don't understand my jibberish, "and how..." directly translates to "ain't that the truth".

Ashley said...

I happened upon your blog down the line of friends and I have been very touched by your thoughts, you are a strong woman and I thank you for touching my heart. Sometimes we all need a little humility here and there and I just wanted to let you know from one stranger to another thank you. May God bless you and your family in your fight. You are quite an example to me and I'm sure many others.

Lindsay said...

I am worried about what Obama might do. I'm not really sure what he's going to do, but he kept saying "Change is Coming" and "Yes We Can!" It really freaked me out. I just keep praying that we can all protect and care for our little children. They really need our strength!