Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Our Thanksgiving was pretty simple this year.
Last year we were in Snowflake at the cabin, which was a lot of fun. But...since Curt had to work the day after Thanksgiving and he's involved in a Christmas program this weekend...we opted to stay home this week. The two older boys (Luke especially) were sad that they couldn't be at the cabin for Thanksgiving with Grandma and Grandpa.
Ashlie and Katy came over the night before and spent the night. Luke and Ty were sooooo excited to "wake Katy up" the next morning. Luke had devised a plan to throw blankets on her head, but his mean mom wouldn't let him :)
The Scout troop in our ward did a fundraiser where they cooked turkeys in a pit. It tasted delish and I was happy to not have to worry about cooking it! Katy made her dad's famous stuffing, which was really good. Ashlie made scalloped corn (yum!) and also a pumpkin trifle, which I didn't try. We also had mashed potatoes, yams, salad, rolls, and of course, pumpkin pie! The food tasted so good and I'm excited to eat all of the leftovers for the next couple of days.
I also invited my friend Denae to eat dinner with us. It was fun to have us Nauvoo girls together! It's always comforting to have a little piece of home when we live so far away from my side of the family. Luke kept watch out the front window...waiting for Denae to arrive. He was so excited to see if she was still driving her blue Subaru (which she was!). He also got to talk "bus talk" with her since she drives a bus a few hours a week!
After stuffing myself silly, Curt was kind enough to let me go to a movie with Ash and Katy. We all wanted to see Twilight again....and I think it was even better the second time :) I can't watch a movie without popcorn, so I ate popcorn and drank Coke Zero until I wanted to puke.
The best part, was when I came back home!! My kitchen was SPOTLESS!!! The dishwasher was running and the sink/counters were no longer piled with dishes!! Curt got big hugs/kisses for that, as Ashlie hollared at us to "get a room". It's so fun to gross her out!
Anyway, although we missed the rest of our family, we were able to have a very enjoyable Thanksgiving.

0 comments: