So I had my follow up with Dr. Boll (plastic surgeon) again today. I've been having to go see her every 2 weeks since my surgery because I have a spot on my left boob that isn't healing. We will chalk that one up to the damage that the radiation has done to my tissue. Dr. Boll dug around in the hole and cut out some of the crappy tissue. Luckily, I have no feeling there. So I did not feel a thing! Now I have to pack the hole with some gauze soaked in saline...at least twice a day. I will be glad when this sucker heals. All of these dr's appointments are getting reeeally old!
On my way home from Dr. Boll's office (with Jake and Ty in tow), I stopped at Lisa's salon and got a trim again. I had her cut the back really short because it has been bugging me A LOT lately. I think it looks better now. At least it feels better! I will try to post a picture soon (for you Mary!)....my camera is temperamental lately :(
Last Friday I went in for my Herceptin treatment. The nurse told me that she thinks I only have 3 or 4 to go!!!! I hadn't realized that I was so close to being done! Last week I also had my Muga (heart) scan done. I'll find out the results of that and my blood work when I meet with Dr. Kellogg (oncologist) this Wednesday. Hopefully he'll be able to tell me when my last day of Herceptin is!

1 comments:
Sorry about the crappy tissue. All I can say is OUCH! But YAY that your treatments are almost done! We'll need to go celebrate.
Post a Comment