Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Some AMAZING Stuff!

  1. NieNie is back to blogging! I love love love the photo of her and Mr. Nielson's hands. So touching. She is truly an inspiration to us all.
  2. The China Study is a book that I have been reading....it is shocking. At the benefit/auction that was held in August '08 for our family, a guy from the Shamrock Farms Ward approached me.....long story short....he told me about this book. I have wanted to read it ever since and my dear hubby bought it for me a couple of weeks ago. It is a slow read because there is so much information in there and I sometimes have to read things over again just to make sure I understand it. It is controversial, for sure, but from what I have read so far, it has caused me to make the decision to completely change my diet (for example, did you know animal protein increases the levels of estrogen in our bodies? With my cancer being estrogen fed, I found that very thought provoking at the least.). Extreme? Maybe. But I've already had cancer once, and I will do whatever I feel like I need to do in order to keep the cancer from returning. All's I can say is READ IT.
  3. GO CARDINALS!! We can't wait for the SuperBowl!!

2 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

I too love Nie, Nie.

Your current read sounds interesting. I'll have to pick a copy up. I have some health problems related to too much estrogen.

While I could care less about football, my husband is excited about the Cardinals playing in the Super bowl.

Love checking in on you from time to time and so happy to hear all is going well!

Lila

Stephanie said...

Nie Nie is amazing, isn't she? I've never heard of the book you're reading, but sounds interesting! And I LOVE your new blog background -- very cute!