The surgery went well last night. We got back home around 8:30pm so I got to see the boys before they went to bed. Luke wanted to sleep in my bed with me, but we had to explain how it could hurt me if I got bumped during the night. He was very sweet to me and had big tears in his eyes when he went to bed.
I slept really good from about 2am to 7am, but before that I kept waking up about every hour, for some reason. I've been able to rest a lot today....just laying around and trying to take it easy. I'm obviously sore, but it's not any more pain than what the infection had been causing. I just have to be more careful since I have a drain tube and stitches. I haven't taken the bandages off yet to inspect it but I don't really care what it looks like. I'm just glad to have the implant and infection out of my body.
Curt has stayed home with me and Ty today. Ty has really been a good boy! He's been so well behaved and has quietly played with Lego's and colored most of the day.
I appreciate everyone's encouraging words and prayers!
Thank you!

2 comments:
Glad you were able to rest today! Been thinkin about you all day.
We are so glad that everything went well. By the way - your vacation looks like it was SO much fun. You deserved a great vacation!
Post a Comment