Thursday, April 2, 2009

Staph

Dr. Boll pulled out the drain this afternoon and I didn't pass out this time! I asked her how far the infection had spread and she basically said it had surrounded the breast. It ended up being a staph infection, but came back negative for MRSA. I have 2 days left of my antibiotics and will continue to put Bacitracin on my stitches...hopefully this will keep the infection A.W.A.Y.
She wants to keep my stitches in for a while. Most of it looks like it's closing up well. There's just one spot that looks like it's trying to open up, but I am HOPING it won't give us any trouble (please! please! pretty please!). She suggested I take another week off of work, just to give me a little more time to heal. I'm ok with that, especially since I'll be able to spend the week with my baby who has been gone for almost a week!! I can't wait to see him on Sunday!

1 comments:

lacey said...

What a rough journey you and your family have been on! I love your posts though, they are so inspiring so thank you. We have all our fingers crossed that you will heal and not have any more issues!! Tell Curt Hi for us and know you are in our prayers!!