It's a boy!!
(that's what Dr. Schuster said when he pulled out my port!)


I didn't bleed to death (obviously)...like I had worried about :)
He numbed me up good and then started digging around inside there for a good 15-20 minutes before the port was pulled out. He said my body had formed a good "capsule" around the port...just demonstrating that my immune system is working well. That's the body's way of trying to fight the foreign body that was put inside it.
All in all, it was actually an enjoyable visit. Curt and I both really like Dr. Schuster a lot, so it was fun chit-chatting with him again. He wants me to go back in to see him in a week to get the stitches removed. He also said something about wanting to have everything checked out now that I'm all done w/treatments. I'm not sure what that all entails, but it's comforting to know that he is on top of things.
I also saw my cardiologist, Dr. Hernandez, on Thursday the 4th. He said the echocardiogram was normal. The heart valves appear normal...the heart is pumping w/in normal limits...etc. He wants me to come back in 2 months just to re-check to make sure all is well, and then I won't need to see him again :)

4 comments:
Woo hoo! Glad it's all continuing to go well for you Charlene. How wide is that port/stitch, like an inch or so?
Thanks! Yeah...the stitched up area is probably about an inch to 1 1/2 inches wide.
Another big step on the road to recovery! It's kind of hard to believe all that you have been through in just a couple of years. I guess I am saying it's hard for me to believe it was only a couple of years ago that this all started. You are still in my prayers every day, and you're one of my favorite people, even if we don't see each other as often as we used to! I'll always appreciate your faith and your example!! Love ya!
So glad everything went so well. We love you guys.
Post a Comment