Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Change of Plans....again

My biopsy appt. got pushed back to 1:30, which is fine with me. As long as I'm getting it done this week, I am happy. I have been doing a lot of thinking about what oncologist/office to go to. Mayo would probably be a good place to go, but I have no idea who the oncologist is that I'd be seeing. They didn't even give me his/her name. The Mayo Clinic is also all the way in Scottsdale. If my cancer ends up coming back, that would mean a lot of trips back and forth to Scottsdale. I have kept thinking about the one oncologist who saw me when I was in the hospital last year. Dr. Obenchain came in to check on me when my regular oncologist wasn't able to see me. I liked her immediately and felt very comfortable with her. When Curt and I were talking with Dr. Schuster yesterday, Curt asked him his opinion of Mayo. Dr. Schuster's reply was quite comical...."You can dress up a pig, but it's still a pig."!! How right he is. I feel more confident going to a dr that I already know. I already know that I like her. Going to Mayo isn't going to guarantee that I will automatically feel comfortable and "click" with the dr there. So, my appt with Mayo is cancelled and I am seeing Dr. Obenchain on Sept 11 th. I am happy and at peace with this decision....finally :)

1 comments:

Shelly said...

I read your blog from time to time-I got your name from someone when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in January. I actually lived in Utah when I was diagnosed but moved back to the valley to get treatment. I just wanted to share the name of my oncologist because I love him and he is absolutly amazing. He is positive and thorough and straight foward. I just cant say enough good things. His name is Jack Cavalcant and his office is at Banner Desert Hospital. Just thought I would share! Good luck with everything.