I loaded up the kids and headed to my appt with Dr Obenchain today. Luckily, Curt was able to meet me there and stayed with the boys in the waiting room while I met with the dr. I was not surprised to see with my very eyes that all of my bloodwork came back normal. Normal is a good thing! I was just convinced that I had all the symptoms of Hypothyroidism and was hoping for an "easy fix" with a Rx of Synthroid or something like that. My pelvic ultrasound was also good. It showed some possible cysts, but we are not worried about that and will not pursue any more scans for a while. I asked her if depression could cause my body to feel the way it has been. She said "Absolutely! But it could also be the Tamoxifen.". I really am starting to resent this stupid Tamoxifen. The pill that is supposed to be helping my cancer not come back...it's really REALLY not fun living with the side effects. Dr Obenchain gave me a prescription of Celexa to try and I am sooooo hoping it helps me to feel better. And soon. One has to start thinking about quality of life....and right now....I can't keep going on feeling like this. So either the Celexa better work, or the Tamoxifen has got to go. Of course I wouldn't do anything without consulting with my dr. first. I will follow up with her again in December, and probably do more bloodwork then.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What is "normal" anyway? We'll keep you in our prayers.
Oh hang in there. Just FYI my mom had the same problems on tamoxifen and made the switch. She is doing MUCH better!!! Keep us all posted!!!
Post a Comment