Well I promised an update, so I guess I should follow through! On Monday, Curt was laid off. After many months of prayer and contemplation, we feel very confident and at peace with our decision to make some big changes. Curt is going to follow his dream.....to teach high school! That is the only thing he has always wanted to do (as well as coach football) and now is the perfect time. The plan is for him to attend ASU at their east campus (Polytechnic Campus) because it is so close and his full degree can be attained there. We are looking into the family housing there on campus and will most likely move there while he's in school. Now that he doesn't have his work truck, we are down to one car. We need to be on campus so Curt can pedal around campus...from class to class :) We are still waiting for his transcripts to arrive at ASU and for an official acceptance letter before we can finalize things, but we are thinking that we'll move onto campus at the end of December.
I am planning on working some so that we don't have to live entirely off of student loans. The problem is finding a flexible job so that I can work around Curt's class schedule. I will only work when he can be home with the kids.
We are looking forward to the change and are always up for a good challenge. When I think of the ability Curt has to follow his dream, it makes me so happy. I am proud of him and the courage that he has to do what he loves!

1 comments:
Wow! I'm glad you guys are getting a chance to help him through school! I am also in school full time to teach high school math! I love my education classes. I hope you're feeling well after your surgery. :oD
Post a Comment