Thursday afternoon I met with my new oncologist...Dr. Kellogg. I am glad I switched to him. When I was leaving my appt. I was starting to get a head ache. By the time I got back home, I was feeling sort of crappy...head ache, slight body aches...
Long story short, that night I started running a fever. I called and talked to Dr. Kellogg and he told me to go to the ER. We got to the ER around 10pm, and they didn't take me back until 1 am. They decided to admit me and took me up to my room at 4am. It was a long night.
My white blood cell count was 0.5 this time and they are still waiting for the blood cultures to come back to determine if what I have is viral or not. My bet is viral. I feel exactly the same as I did 3 weeks ago...fever, body aches, chills, head ache. I imagine I'll be in here until my counts come up again.
Curt brought Luke and Ty by today to see me. I was so happy to see them! Luke kept saying, "Awww...Momma!" and just as they were leaving he said, "I have so much joy with you, Mom". That was so stinking cute! I love my boys and can't wait to get back home so that I can be with them.
Friday, February 22, 2008
In the Hospital Again
Posted by Charlene at 8:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hey Char,
We missed you and Curt tonight at the Riggs'. Lousy. Get those white counts UP...we'll be cheering silently!
Love ya...Natalie
You rest up and get those wbc's up sister. We can't be having you sick on top of all this other stinkin stuff! Your a trooper Char..love your guts!
I think the mask is now a MUST WEAR don't you??!! If it makes you feel better, I will wear one too (but only if we can draw smiles on them)! Take care of yourself and eat a hospital jell-o for me!
PS I'm going to get you a Costco sized Lysol too! Hehehe!
Hang in there.....we're all praying for you!! Remember to take care of YOU!!
Post a Comment