Friday, March 28, 2008

I Am Not Alone

This clip (below) is a powerful reminder to me that I am not alone in my suffering, trials, or seemingly insignificant daily annoyances that I may be experiencing. He is the one person who knows exactly what we are feeling and I am grateful to be able to turn to Him for comfort. I know that I have not been able to get through the deaths and trials in our family alone. I HAVE to lean on Christ and his example. Otherwise, I would surely fall apart.

This is a clip from the Reflections of Christ exhibit that is currently going on at the Mesa Arizona Temple visitor's center. I have not gone to see it yet, but after seeing this clip, I will make it a priority when I'm feeling better. Who wants to go with me??

http://mabrystudios.typepad.com/reflections_of_christ

6 comments:

Tara said...

Charlene,
I noticed a hit from your site and came to visit your blog. I am inspired by your fight and am so happy that these images are helping in the smallest way. When
you go to the Visitor Center, please let me know. I'm in on the get together. Thanks again for inspiring me.
Sincerely,
Mark Mabry
(I saw this using my wife, Tara's google blogger acct)

Charlene said...

Wow. Thank you, Mark, for your comments! I can only hope and pray that I will be inspiring others through my journey with cancer. That was one of my main reasons for starting this blog.

I am truly inspired by you and your work on this exhibit. As I watched the clip I was instantly touched by the Spirit. I am anxious to go see it for myself and I will let you know when I plan on going to the visitor's center.

Thank you again!

Owen said...

WOW. I am so in to go see this. You name the day and I'll drive. Thanks for always being a good example Charlene.

Natalie said...

Amazing! Marla & I just watched it {I bawled through the whole thing!}. How long is the exhibit there? I'd love to go when we come in July. Thanks for sharing this....I may have to post it on my blog, too :)

Shari said...

Hey, Charlene! I'd love to see the exhibit again. I don't know how many of us could get together without scaring Mark away (we don't want to do that!!), but it would sure be fun to go as a group.

Sarah Harward said...

Charlene- I'm so glad you found my blog! I love being able to keep in touch with people through these. Your boys are so cute! Good luck with your treatments. You're amazingly strong. Keep on keeping on!
Sarah