Chemo #3 has been a lot rougher on me than the first two treatments were. I'm finally feeling better tonight, thank goodness. I have been a lot more nauseated this time and just plain wiped out. Luckily the boys were able to play at Grandma's house today so I was able to rest. Although I couldn't force myself to take a nap, I did just lounge in bed the majority of the day. I was wide awake this morning from 2:30-5:30am. That always happens the day I have chemo for some reason. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep better tonight.
We ran into Amy at the cancer center yesterday as we were leaving. That was the first time I had actually seen her in person. It was great to finally met her...face to face! It's been so good to talk with her on the phone and get tips and advice from her. She was telling me that chemo #3 and #4 are the worst. Once I get past those, the last 4 treatments are a breeze. I certainly hope so!
Curt took me to get my Neulasta shot today. I wasn't feeling well enough to drive this morning. The nurse giving me my shot today actually gave me some good advice. Usually the Neulasta causes my body to ache for about 3-4 days after. She told me to take Claritin and Ibuprofen to help stop the body aches. I'm hoping it works!
Friday, March 7, 2008
Ughh...
Posted by Charlene at 6:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It must be SO nice to be able to talk to others who have been where you are. Tender mercies. Hang in there! We love ya!
Hope it passes quick for you! Amy said it was so noce to meet you in person too! We are praying for you!
Well your last four treatment will be a breeze compared to what you are going through now. I had alot of bone pain with the taxiol but only for a couple of days after each treatment. The best part of it is that you will start to get your energy back and you won't be in bed so long. But you now you still have to get the neulasta shot and that shot SUCKS!!! I have faith in you and I know you can do it your a strong person. I did it and I am so proud of myself. Now you stay in bed get some rest and try to eat. I hope you start feeling better. I have you are in my prayers.
hugs Char, I am sorry this time around is so uncomfortable.
I pray it will lighten up and soon!
you are such a trooper....hang in there and take care of YOU! it's so great that you have Amy to talk to.... a new friend in all of this is a bonus! praying for you as always..:):)
Post a Comment