My hair is finally starting to come back in! I am both happy and sad about this. Only sad because it's been really nice not having to shave! But, I would gladly accept being hairy over going through chemo again ANY DAY.
Today's radiation was number18. My last day will be on August 13th!! I am really excited to be done with the daily drives to the cancer center, but, honestly, it hasn't been that big of a deal. So far I've had no skin reactions or other side effects (besides the sore throat, which is much better). I still have about 15 treatments to go, so it is likely (at least I'm assuming) that my skin will be starting to get sore soon. I just hope it doesn't get as bad as Amy's (ouch!).
I've set up an appt. with my plastic surgeon after radiation is over. I'm excited to get the rest of my reconstructive surgery done. This appt. next month will only be for a consultation. She might want to wait another month or 2 to do the surgery...allowing my skin more time to heal. I will also be seeing my OB/GYN in Sept. for my yearly check up with him. It's probably strange to hear...but I'm actually looking forward to seeing him! Curt and I both LOVE Dr. Layton. He has taken such good care of me over the last 6 years. I am going to have him do my oopherectomy (remove ovaries) and we will talk to him about that in Sept. also.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Little By Little
Posted by Charlene at 12:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Charlene....haven't heard from you in such a long time. Since I NEVER hear from your dad....I just assumed that you were doing fine. When you have some down time, I'd love to get caught up. We think about you alot....
Aunt Carol
August 13th??? My birthday will be celebrated with extra oomph!! You are checking things off the cancer to do list in rapid fire!! Can't wait to watch your hair grow....sorry you have to shave though!
That makes me want to fly down and rub the fuzz on your head! HMMMM...no more radiation, Erica's birthday...tempting. :)
Charlene, can I just say... you are amazing! I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog! It's been a long time, and I was surprised to hear all that has gone on in your life these last few years. You are absolutely at the top of my hero list! Stay strong, have faith, and all will be well. Best of luck, and my prayers are with you. Kim (Hohl) Hasek
Char,
We found your blog by surfing through other LCG friends blogs. (LITTLE COTTONWOOD GANG) I grew up with Curtis. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong! -Young
YAHOO for your hair coming back...although your the prettiest bald lady i've ever
seen...really! :):) A double YAHOO for radiation being almost over. Almost done....hang in there! Miss ya........Isn't it time for a GNO already GEEEEZ! :):)
Post a Comment