Monday, July 14, 2008

Relay For Life

Monda's sister-in-law (Christina) did the Relay For Life in Ohio...and did it in my honor! When I looked at these photos last night, I was so touched. Christina (and so many others) has been one of my biggest supporters and I am grateful for her. It is touching to know that someone cares enough about me to want to walk for such a great cause in MY NAME.

I was a bit over come last night when I saw this first photo. It is surreal, even after all these months, to see "In Honor" of...with MY name below. And to see it glowing like that, for some reason, made me even more awe struck. Some days it seems so strange for me to say "I have breast cancer.". I'm not in denial or anything, but those are words I didn't think I'd be saying for a long long time...at least until I was a bit older.

But, this is the reality, and I have been focused since day one to make it a positive experience for me and my family. To learn as much as I could. To touch as many lives as I could. To help people understand that we CAN make it through challenges like this without crumbling. To completely rely on my Father in Heaven and to accept His will for me. It may not be what I had imagined or what I want, but He is all knowing. I have complete faith in Him.

Thank you, Christina!!







6 comments:

Alayna said...

Wow! That is awesome! I have a little tear in my eye right now...

So, I want to purchase a t-shirt. How do I do it?

Charlene said...

I'll send you Monda's email address. She's the one who had the shirts made and has them at her house.

She'll also be able to tell you what sizes there are.

:)

Pocketful of Posh Boutique said...

What a great post. I will be sure to make sure she sees it. Although she reads your blog regularly I will send her a link letting her know.

Owen said...

How neat! I would love to paricipate in the breast cancer walk here if we can. You have inspired so many Charlene!

Unknown said...

Face it Charlene - you are an inspiration : ) It was a very small gesture on my part.

The event was awesome. All the luminarias were overwhelming. Here's the site for relay if you want to find an event close to you: http://www.relayforlife.org/relay/

Christina

Kim said...

That is awesome! You are doing just that being an inspiration!
You're awesome Char!!!