Tomorrow is my last radiation treatment and I am SO pumped! I didn't realize how giddy I would be over this. It is definitely a huge milestone for me and my family (...and for all of our supporters, babysitters, etc.)
Curt wants to take me out to lunch tomorrow after my final treatment. Definitely a reason to celebrate! I told him we should ask his parents to meet us, since they have been in the thick of it with us over the course of 8 months. So we will see if they're able to go with us.
I met with Dr. Woo (radiation oncologist) today. Not much to report, except he wondered why I've lost 5 lbs. in the past 2 weeks. I told him my throat has been bothering me, so I'm not eating as much. He looked in my throat and said it looked ok. I'm sure it will be healed soon. He said we would probably need to start doing mammograms soon to keep an eye on things. I almost protested......but decided against it. I will do whatever I need to do to keep the cancer away for a very long time! I won't need to follow up with him for another month!
Last Thursday, I had my Muga Scan done. That morning I had Herceptin, then radiation, and then off to do my scan. It was a busy day for me. I haven't heard back from the dr. about my results yet. I'm sure it will come back fine. I haven't had any problems in the past with my heart, and hopefully that will continue!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
32 Down...1 To Go!
Posted by Charlene at 12:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hip hip hooray! You did it!! You eat something delicious at lunch and tell us about it!! You deserve it all!
I say get 'er done! Wow, it's been a long run, and man you are the toughest kid I know. What an accomplishment to battle through. I'm so happy for you Charlene. Whew! Now it's time to squish the sisters. (You can handle that.)
Congratulations on a LONG journey, Charlene! We are SO proud of your positive attitude and your ability to be "real" with all of us about the ups and downs. We are thankful to have had our testimonies of the gospel strengthened as we followed your progress via blog! I hope you celebrate BIG TIME! We love you! Congrats!
You are awesome Char! You did it!
You are such an inspiration!
I am so hoping this can all be behind you all.
Much love!
Today is the day. You can sigh a sigh of relief and know that the worst is over. I am doing a cheer for you right now (can you picture me?). I wish I was there in person to pick you up and run a victory lap with you on my shoulders (again, picture it). I will make a trip down soon to celebrate. I love you!
CONGRATS!!!! I know how you feel. Now you just have to go once a week for awhile. The rest will be a breeze. I now have 21 more treatments thank goodness. Your a trooper stay strong.
Post a Comment