Friday, August 29, 2008

The Low Down

I saw my oncologist and got my Herceptin yesterday. Here's what I found out from Dr. Kellogg...
* Yes, I am considered to be in remission now.
* Yes, I can get a Pet Scan in a couple of weeks to make sure I'm in the clear.
* Yes, they will let me do a breast MRI instead of mammograms because I have no faith in mammo's these days. (my initial mammo and ultrasound when I found my breast lump came back "NORMAL"!!)
* Yes, they will start doing bloodwork that checks the cancer markers.
My dad has been asking me to find some of these things out. I was the same way when my mom and sister were going through their treatments, etc. I wanted DETAILS! It's a whole different ball game now that I'm the patient, though. I don't worry as much about myself. But I can assure you that I WILL stay on top of things and not slack when it comes to check up's and blood work. I'm not messin' around!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Glad to hear that you're in remission. I hope the Pet Scan goes well too. It's also really great to see the support that the people in your area have been giving you, that must be a really good feeling. Is there anything I can do?

And thanx for your words on my blog the other day. It meant a lot. Sometimes the days get really bad. I think I should do something about it. But it is good to read words like what you wrote. Sometimes it gets the better of me.

Anywho...

Do you guys still keep in touch with Rob Lambourne?

Anonymous said...

REMISSION is an awesome word!