Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Quiet(er) Weekend

Curt's grandparents and aunt flew into town on Saturday, and were headed to the cabin along with my in-laws. I suggested to Curt to take the older two boys up as well, and I would stay home with Jake. I was reeeeally looking forward to some down time at home and I also needed to help take dinner to a family in our ward on Monday. So Saturday afternoon after he got home from work, Curt drove Luke and Ty to Snowflake for a couple of days. Luke had a hard time telling his mommy good bye. He was sobbing and kept hugging me...not wanting to let go. I felt so bad for him. I'm sure these past few months have made it difficult for him to be away from me, and to not want me out of his sight. I knew he and Ty would have so much fun at the cabin with all of the family there, so I encouraged him to go and have fun.
Meanwhile, back here at the ranch, I could not believe how clingy Jake was! He barely touched his toys the whole time his brothers were gone. He basically sat on my lap, climbed all over me, laid on me, and followed me around for two days! I actually LOVED it!! Jake definitely enjoyed having his mommy all to himself and not once did he look around the house wondering where his brothers were.
He was my big helper in the backyard. I spent probably a total of 4 hours cleaning up our backyard...pulling weeds, moving rocks, throwing junk out, trimming plants/trees. After showering up from that sweat-fest, and while Jake was taking his nap, I decided to tackle the garage. Once I start...I can't stop!! It was, of course, stinking hot in the garage, but I was so happy to have a clean and organized (somewhat) garage again.
On Curt's drive home from Snowflake, I told him that I had cleaned up the backyard and the garage. He decided that he and the boys needed to stop along the way and get me a surprise for working so hard. This is what my surprise was, along with a sweet thank you card from my wonderful hubby!! Thank you, Babe. I love you!!

3 comments:

jana said...

Girl, you CRAZY! I can't believe you did all that labor intensive stuff. I can understand though once you start, it IS hard to stop. WE did the same thing over the weekend. It's refreshing to have it all done. Isn't that why they call it Labor Day weekend?

Big PROPS!

Pocketful of Posh Boutique said...

Can you bring some of that energy over my way. How sweet that your husband rewarded you for all your hard work.

Porters said...

Charlene,
This is Jana's friend Julie. I had to see your cute "Luke". We got resounding "yes" votes from our family for the name! Your family is so cute. Luke's adorable. I'm excited to have a baby with his name!