Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Zoo Walk 2008

Last Saturday, the 18th,
our family participated in the 4th Annual Zoo Walk for Autism
(and Autism Spectrum Disorders) Research!
Here are the boys....ready to burn some pavement!
Curt's employer (Layton) generously donated $1000
this year to our team "Luke's Crew"
and also had these t-shirts made!

It felt pretty cool for Luke to have people wearing his name on their shirts!










We had a lot of fun and are grateful for those who donated to our team and came to walk with us. There were over 5,000 walkers this year, and so far, $130,000 has been raised!! Their goal is to reach $200,000...so they aren't too far off!

2 comments:

Bryan & Sarah said...

Charlene I am sure you don't remember me, my husband Bryan Young was a good friend of Curt's from their homeward growing up. I have met you a few times while you guys have been up to Utah visiting. I just wanted to let you know how inspiring your blog and your story have been to me. I look at both of them weekly and have gained SO much. Today we found out that my oldest sister (35) was diagnosed with breast cancer. She is in the very beginning of this and isn't quite sure what she is dealing with just yet. She will have surgery next week and we'll move on from there. I emailed a link of your blog to her so she can gain inspiration and insights from your experiences. If have time (I am sure you have your hands full with your boys) drop me a line and let me know what I can do to be a better help and support to my sister.

Thanks,

Sarah Young
bandsyoung@hotmail.com

Natalie said...

looks like a blast! we wish we could be there do participate every year....maybe one year we'll be able to!