(A day at the park with my boys.)


(Jake was not wanting to hold still. Shocker!)I have been so lazy lately (story of my life!). When I think about blogging, I tend to get really frustrated because it is so hard for me to organize my thoughts. Even though it's been around 8 months since I finished chemo, I still feel like my brain cells are few and far between. So if I'm typing something...or having a conversation with you...and I'm not quite making sense, you'll know why :)
- First of all, I saw Dr. Boll (plastic surgeon) last week. She was happy that the tissue on the inside of my crater was turning more pink. It was really pale before and now is pinkish/redish. I told her that I was tired of dealing with it and didn't want to be a complainer, but I am going on a cruise in 2 1/2 weeks and I need that thing healed up by then. If the wound is still open, you see, I will not be able to go in the ocean and snorkel with everyone else. I DO NOT want to have to deal with wound care on my cruise and DEFINITELY do not want to miss out on anything because of it! So I talked Dr. Boll into sewing it up. She was hesitant because she doesn't want it to distort the look of my breast, and I can understand that....but I don't care at this point. It's never going to look like it did before the cancer anyway. So, in the meantime, I am still packing it/changing the dressing twice a day. She wants to give the tissue as much time as possible to heal before attempting to sew it up on the 25th.
Keep your fingers crossed!
- I also want to declare that I have THE BEST husband! He took not one...not two...but all THREE boys to the cabin last Thursday night through Sunday!! Although Saturday was Valentine's Day, Curt thought it would be a good V-Day gift to me....to have the weekend ALL TO MYSELF!! I love my boys (all 4 of 'em) soooo much. More than words can describe. But, a little time to myself was just what I needed. It was a fun and relaxing weekend, but I was anxious for all of my boys to come home!
- My last day of Herceptin is APRIL 17th!!! I have 3 left and am so looking forward to being done :)

2 comments:
Charlene~ you look amazing! I am glad to see you are doing so great. Hope to see you soon.
Tiffanye
your hair is so cute i am so jealous..ummm you forgot to mention your fun date you had for valentines day...
Post a Comment