This morning I woke up to discover that my stitches are, once again, pulling apart. I have had a lot of pain and tenderness on my left side. It might be because she didn't numb me (!!) before she put in the second set of stitches?? I don't know. I am trying not to get frustrated and upset by this. I just have to keep reminding myself (with Curt's help) that I have so much to be grateful for....and I would much rather deal with this than to have to deal with cancer again. Curt and I made the executive decision to open this wound up and to let it heal that way. So, I took out all but 3 of the stitches and have started packing it with gauze again. HOPEFULLY it will heal before too terribly long.
I go in to see Dr. Kellogg (oncologist) this morning and will get my Herceptin afterwards. After today, I will only have 2 more!! My dad is going with me today while Debbie stays home with the boys.
I'll update soon...

0 comments:
Post a Comment