I'm about to head out the door to get my breast ultrasound and mammogram in a few minutes, so this will be short. I see my oncologist next month for my check up and he wanted me to have these scans done prior to. I also have to have a breast MRI but that has to be scheduled on certain days of your "cycle". All is going well with my health and I am so grateful!! The only snag has been my decision to come off of my Zoloft, which doesn't make for a nice mom or wife! Long story short, I found out by my pharmacist that anti-depressants have been shown to DECREASE the effectiveness of Tamoxifen. Tamoxifen is what I have to take for another 4 years in hopes to prevent my cancer from coming back. I made the decision to NOT take the risk and to try to deal with the depression/anxiety on my own (with a whole lotta praying for help). What concerns me is that my oncologist wasn't the one who informed me of this drug interaction! When I found this news out, I immediately called my friend Elizabeth to let her know. She goes to the same oncologist and DID NOT know about this either. How many women out there are taking medication that is possibly putting them at risk of their cancer returning and they don't even know it??!!! So if you're reading this and you know someone who takes Tamoxifen... SPREAD THE WORD!!!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment